Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Let's hope they don't f*** it up!








My friends Monique, Marianne and I have started watching the British show Skins, starting from season 1. We all love the show are enjoying all the fun characters and the many differences between them. What I would like to discuss in this post is my frustration with the American movie/shows industry. Why is it that they always need to recreate already good shows and movies?? Let's see: Skins, Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Queer As Folk (even though the American one was really good), The Office, All in the Family, Big brother, X-Factor, Hell's Kitchen... and so many more! I simply don't get it... why mess with something that is ALREADY great! Do Americans perhaps not understand the language? Because last I checked Americans and Brits spoke the exactly same fricken language. I don't know.... Marianne, Monique and I have had this conversation and we truly hope they are not going to go and fuck up this fantastic show.

No comments:

Post a Comment