Thursday, August 19, 2010

Battle of the shoes








Here is my daily dilemma: Zara shoes VS Aldo shoes.
Here is my issue. I have owned both Zara shoes and Aldo shoes but there is a substantial difference between the two.
I think Zara has an impressive line of shoes. I am seriously in awe when I go in their stores staring at their stunning shoes. Just like their amazing clothes, I do not know what to pick because they are all so hot. The cons of these beautiful shoes is that I have now gone through 2 pairs of Zara shoes in 3 months. When I say "gone through" I mean I can't use them anymore otherwise I will either get tetanus from a nail going in them, or I will get wet feet daily because of the bad condition their are in. Therefore Zara sells stunning shoes that don't last at all. Good for the store, bad for the customers.

Aldo, on the other hand, is the exact opposite. I'm hardly wowed by a pair of Aldo shoes. When I go in their stores I might pick a maximum of 1 pair of shoes that I actually like, but I usually leave with nothing in my hands. The thing about Aldo shoes is that they will last you forever! The ones that I have, I had to put away not because they were broken but because I got tired of looking at them.

Conclusively, what is better? a beautiful shoe that will not last more than a month, or an ugly shoe that will last forever...? Now that I put it that way, it kind of looks like a loose loose situation.

Oh well... just something else to think about before I fall asleep tonight.... and I thought that the flooding in Pakistan and China was bad enough....

1 comment:

  1. what i do is i use my aldo one for normal everyday routine and use the zara's when am going out for great occaison like clubbing on date. but yeah u r right it doesnt last for long specially if u go out 3 to 4 time a week.

    ReplyDelete