Sunday, September 12, 2010

Even stores are lying about how fat you are!








I just found out this very depressing chart that compares pant waist size with the actual waist size.
Is this depressing or what? I feel better knowing that I shop at H&M therefore my wait is not so far off from the pant size. I have to say that after doing lots of measurements for other people, there really is a major difference between pant size and waist size. I should also mention that what some people think is their waist is in fact something that we (in the costuming world) call "modern waist", which is a completely different measurement than the "classic waist". Classic waist is about at the height of the bellybutton, while the modern waist sits around the hips area. If you look down at your own pants you'll notice that your pants are sitting right on your hips and not your waist at all.
Enjoy this chart.... and try not to cry too much ;-)


source: After Elton
 

No comments:

Post a Comment