Wednesday, August 4, 2010

4th - 4 Movie Review!








The Imaginarium of Doctor Pernassus
I started watching this movie thinking that I would have been SUPER confused by it, but truthfully speaking I wasn't. I thought it was an absolutely beautifully designed movie. It was the last movie with Heather Ledger and even though he passed away during the filming of the movie the director was able to incorporate the other three actors (Jude Law, Johnny Depp, and Collin Farrell) very fittingly. Lilly Cole was stunning in this movie and and her acting was great. The costume design by Monique Prudhomme were perfectly suitable. The the gipsy feel that she gave to the inhabitants of the caravan was mysterious and fun all at the same time.  
Great fantasy movie that will transport you into imaginative places never thought of. 
 


Eye of The Needle
Ok, my parents forced me to watch this 1981 classic, and it wasn't bad at all! The story is about a WWII German spy living in England who untimely ends up getting stuck on an island on his way to save his country. Here he falls in love with a the only woman living on this island, who unfortunately for him has a husband and child. Will the spy choose love over duty? Preventing so the landing of Americans in Normandy? ha ha ha well clearly he didn't prevent shit, and we all know that. This movie was quite graphic but the final part is tight with tension in a crazy race to the "end". 
Conclusively, I didn't expect much and I got a lot. Good Job.   


Just Buried
I was really exited about this movie because I love dark humour, and it's an entirely Canadian production (meaning they weren't acting like it was the States while it's clearly Canada, like they do with most movies). Unfortunately it was a bit of a let down. The movie wasn't as interesting and funny as the trailer promised. I thought it would have had a close resemblance to the hilarious British movie Keeping Mum, but it definitely didn't. It was very bloody and not too much to laugh about, but entertaining enough to watch when there's nothing better on tv. 


Clash of the Titans (1981)

HA HA HA! WOW! What a movie!!! So I got this movie by mistake because I thought it was the newer Clash of the Titans. Was I ever wrong?! But I have to say it entertained my friend Alex and I on a boring day at work. I thought Maggie Smith was awesome as usual and Harry Hamlin as the main character of Perseus wasn't too bad to look at either. Needless to say, special effects were obviously ridiculous, but they made us laugh throughout the whole movie.  
I don't know how many people could sit through this entire movie, but I can say i did! That's a pretty good accomplishment, right?


2 comments:

  1. oh no oh no diego.... it wasnt HEATHER LEDGER its heath...its heath

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOLOL I can't believe I wrote that!!!! HA HA HA HA! Poor Heath!

    ReplyDelete