Thursday, July 29, 2010

Kings of Leon - July 28, 2019 - Toronto!







Last night was an *almost* milestone for me. It was the fourth times I've seen Kings of Leon, which meannnnns, they are tied with Green Day, Blink 182 and Saves the Day for the most times I've seen a single band. I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing them again, not so sure about the other bands, which means KOL are pretty special in my books.

I love Kings of Leon, the first time I saw them was in 2003 when they were on tour with the Strokes (<3). I thought they were old men. They weren't. They were beautiful and hairy and I miss that. Anyways, point is, that its been a long road for me and KOL. There were many years in between when I didn't see them because I didn't know anyone who would come with me. I'm glad I have people to go see them with now. However, with their new fame comes issues. I have issues with last night... but I'm currently working through my anger.

My first beef is with Ticketmaster. When I bought my tickets I was only given the option of paperless tickets, and it said that they would scan my VISA at the door, blah blah blah. I wanted a ticket for memory's sake but I wasn't gonna cry about it (even though I did bitch a little bit). HOWEVER, when we got to the Molson  Amphitheater, EVERYONE had paper tickets! Where did they come from?? I mean I'm not stupid, I've bought tickets off Ticketmaster MANY times, and it clearly did not have any other option than paperless tickets. To make me even more pissed, upon scanning my credit card, we were still given slips of paper to prove we purchased tickets. WHAT IS THE POINT OF THAT?! GIVE ME A DAMN TICKET THEN! Yeah I'm not happy.

Second issue, I missed the Stills. I'm not happy....

Overall the show was good though, they actually played a good deal of old songs and new material, a cover song, and only 3 or 4 songs from 'Only by the Night," which made me happy... but probably others would have liked more from that album. Which comes to my next beef. I don't know how to validate this thought since Nathan posted this on his Twitter today:


He always says that after shows in Toronto, which makes me happy. After the show last year in Hamilton, he said it was the best show of the tour - and it could have been, the crowd was actually awesome! So I dunno if it was just where I was sitting or what, but the crowd actually sucked... the people around me only got into it when they played Sex On Fire. To confuse me more though, the chick in front of me got into it for SOF and one of the new songs. Like has she really ever heard this song before? Why is that song one of two songs she actually danced to? What's wrong with people? You pay $70 for a concert and you only want to hear 2 songs? Again, it must have just been where I was sitting, because clearly the band felt the crowd was into it.

My last issue was the fact that the show seemed really damn short. We had got out of the Amphitheater and walked 10 minutes to the car and were on the highway by 10:50ish... that's not normal. They could have easily played at least 4 or 5 more songs and have been done by 11 which would have been better.

Overall the show was, good. Not the best KOL show I've been to, but they always put on a good performance - well that is unless pigeons crash the party.

I look forward to seeing them again for what with be a milestone

No comments:

Post a Comment