Saturday, July 31, 2010

Damn, I'm PISSED!








I'm FURIOUS!
Yesterday I went online eager to finally get a yearly membership with GQ Magazine and Vogue, which are my favourite magazines. This is what I found. When I went on the website for GQ and clicked on  Subscription it brought me to the American subscription page.




I right away I saw very happily that our neighbours can purchase the "manly" magazine for only $12 for 12 issues or $20 for 24 including a free GQ bag. I thought to myself "the exchange can't be THAT bad" so I right away changed the page to the Canadian promotion.

Yes, I was furious, it doubled! But at least, I convinced myself that $22 are not unreasonable for a yearly magazine subscription, so I calmed myself down and said "It's ok Diego, it's doable." I smiled and proceeded to the next purchase, Vogue.
I get to the Vogue subscription page and I am pleasantly surprised.

 

WOW! that is A LOT cheaper than what I thought a Vogue subscription would have been for. $15 for 12 issues! Amazing! Considering that the magazine costs $5.99 per issue this was a great deal in my head. And on top of it, I could have re-gifted the purse to my mom or Nicole depending on who's birthday came first. So I I click on the Canadian page thinking that the difference wouldn't have been that much.

 

I'M APPALLED! WHY THE F$&% DOES VOGUE WANT $50 FOR 12 ISSUES?!?! I still can't believe it. We ALL know that America is doing a lot worse than Canada when it comes to recession and economy. And also that our dollars are almost exactly the same. So why the hell do I have to pay for almost quadruple to get the same damn magazine?!
I'm REALLY angry with Vogue right now and I never thought I would say this, but it let me down BIG time.   
Shame, SHHHHHAAAAAAMMMEEEEE!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment